John in his gospel chapter 1 verse 1 and verse 14 lets his readers in on the truth that Jesus is the Word of God. The author of Hebrews chapter 1 verses 2-3 describes “Seven superiorities of Jesus as the Word of God above all the other writers and writings of the first testament.”
- Vs. 2 “Has in these last days spoken to us by His Son”: FIRST: The first testament writers: Were “mouthpieces of God”; Jesus is the Son of God communicating to His creation. The revelation of God through His Son is not superior merely in WHAT HE said but Who He is! Jesus is the final revelation to His creation.
- Vs. 2 “Whom He has appointed heir of all things”: SECOND, the prophets could only communicate truth whereas Jesus PERFORMED the truth He communicated.
- Vs. 2 “Through whom also He made the worlds”: THIRD, Jesus created all things and is the One that operates and manages all things, none of the other writers could ever do that. Jesus is not only the divine agent of all of creation but the sustainer of the continual operation of all the creation.
- Vs. 3 “Who being the brightness of His glory”: FOURTH, Jesus shares the same glory of the Father and is co-eternal and co-existent, possessing the same glory not just reflecting it. Jesus’ glory is attached to His deity!
- Vs. 3 “And the express image of His Person”: FIFTH, Jesus is the exact impression of the Person and character of God. God placed in Jesus, a distinctive stamp of attributes and characteristics that bear His exact image.
- Vs. 3 “And upholding all things by the word of His power”: SIXTH, Jesus carries the weight of all of the and maintains its coherence and development. Jesus is the BOND in all of creation, the sustainer and maintainer of all of creation, holding it all together by His word.
- Vs. 3 “When He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.”: SEVENTH, Jesus alone shed His own blood on the cross to put away our sin and no other writer could ever do that.
Saints, as we have just finished observing the final week of Jesus earthly life let’s never forget that: Jesus is God’s final word to humanity, there is nothing more to be said, it has all been said in Jesus!
This has been Pastor Dale, Blessings!!